I created this blog in September 2005 in Dallas, TX at a time when I needed to find my voice. I remember typing the first words as a young woman in the twinkle-lit loft of my condo. At first, it was simply an outlet to stay connected to friends near and far and share the tidbits of my newly-married life. Soon, it became so much more...a place for me to share my photography and art, regularly practice gratefulness, and process the way my life was moving to a simpler one day by day.
When we uprooted our lives from Dallas to Nashville in the fall of 2015, I had captured 10 years of our lives in words, photos, memories, details. This blog is a treasure, a time capsule of a very important decade of my life where we were young and married, owned our own businesses, and had two children.
Now, after a long hiatus, I know it's time to close the door on Dreams of Simple Life and start fresh on my new website.
Here's a list of my favorite things I've written here over the years. Enjoy!
- Goodnight, Nashville
- India and White Twinkle Lights
- Chlorine and Dried Popsicles: A Memoir of Summertime in Madison, NJ
- I Hope You Dance
- Luci Belle's Birth Story - part 1
- Luci Belle's Birth Story - part 2
- Open Windows
- The Map and the Terrain
- Remembering Prabhu
- Norah Jewell's Birth Story
- Lack of Sleep, Caked Eyeliner, and Embarrassing Parking Lot Moments
- Mother's Day and Imperfection
- "When the Kids Were Young"
- What I See
- And All the Mamas Said, "Amen"
- Pressing Deeper Into Love
- "We Get To"