always with the same person."
My husband and I spent the dinner enjoying every single bite of our food and going back and forth reciting one "good" memory and one "hard" memory from our first year of marriage. As you can see, we really enjoyed the food :)
During our little dinnertime "game," I was reminded of how much I've changed and learned in the process. Here are just a few...
- Even though I didn't know it was possible, I love my husband more than I did a year ago :)
- Although it's hard to not always get my own way, it's ultimately more fulfilling to learn how to be selfless.
- Marriage is dreaming about possibility but living joyfully in the present.
- Just "being" together is more important than the dirty dishes being washed (tough one for me!)
- When you are both surrendered to God, somehow this unexplainable thing happens: the joyful moments outweigh the difficult times.
- Brokenness is meant to bring us freedom.
- Smuggling people their favorite bread in a real cloth napkin is a surefire way to get them to return next year.