It's official ~ the tickets are booked! Luci Belle and I will be spending the entire month of August in New Jersey, and Steven will be joining us for two weeks in the middle. Bye bye, horrific Texas heat!
So I've been making a list...
Things I want to do in New Jersey this summer:
All photos from last August 2011
* Spend lots of time with these zany folks.
* Go hiking again at Jockey Hollow.
* Swim at the Madison Pool. Of course.
* Perhaps also visit Cape May - I've always wanted to go and see those Victorian houses.
* Eat again at Fresh in Basking Ridge. I've been waiting approximately 297 days to have this ice cream sandwich.
* New York City trip, take 2. Last summer's trip was...interesting. Let's just say that quick daytrips to the City are quite different now with a small child in tow! Poor Luci Belle was teething badly that day and developed a 102 degree fever while we were there. She threw up on me and Steven at the Union Square Farmer's Market, and he and my cousin Colleen had to buy all of us new clothes at Filene's Basement.
This was taken when we arrived first thing in the morning, fresh and clean and non-thrown-up-on:
The following photo sums up the 15 minutes we spent in Central Park. I was so excited to show her the park, one of my favorite places on earth and where her mommy and daddy got engaged, and as soon as I put her down on the grass she burst into tears. So sad.
So let's hope for a better trip this time! We're planning on staying overnight in the City so that should help.
* Feed the ducks at Loantaka Pond, one of my favorite places growing up.
* Go to Alstede Farms in Chester.
* Do a lot of walking around the neighborhood and sitting in this grass, enjoying summer outside, as it should be.
Can't wait! And I can't believe how wittle my Jersey girl was last summer.