"S p r i n g t i m e is the land awakening..."
What better day to make a happy list than today...68 degrees and sunny and murmuring of spring? Thank you, Tara, for the lovely idea!
- Envisioning my flower beds bursting with wildflowers in just a few short months. I've got 5 or 6 packets ready to plant...
- ...and juicy, tart blackberries ripening on the white trellis in the back yard.
- Driving really fast with the sunroof open, windows down, and Margaritaville on a radio, as it was when I took a quick trip to the post office earlier...
- The little book/music/tea exchange program Jenni and I have going on. I can't wait to borrow her copy of Peace Like A River by Leif Enger, and I sent her my Rosie Thomas When We Were Small CD, an all-time favorite.
- Tazo Passion unsweetened iced tea - the only drink I'll get at Starbucks. Now I'm craving it...
- How my hubby looks in his grey workout jacket from Lululemon. Yowza.
- Thinking about future fun 4th of July birthday pool parties for our little girl. Fresh-baked berry pies and that wonderful feeling of eating lunch in the sun while still wet from swimming all morning.
- Amy Butler fabric - there's not a single pattern I don't like. Also, have you seen her rugs? There aren't words.
- In anticipation of Shauna Niequist's new book, Bittersweet, releasing later this year, reading this beautiful excerpt and savoring this line, "I believe that suffering is a part of the narrative, and that nothing really good gets built when everything’s easy."
- 2010. It's been a year of restoration, redemption so far.
What are your happies right now?