I love the way the light hits the kitchen in the morning this time of year, as summer is winding down and the first hint of fall is evidenced only by the sun's position in the sky. August is almost over, and for those of us in this sweltering climate, that means fall-dreaming. In fact, I've heard there's a "cold front" coming in this week, and temps might drop into the 90s! That means we can actually be outside again.
Things I’m looking forward to this fall…
- Mums! In all different colors, popping up around the neighborhood.
- Taking Luci Belle for walks in her stroller, narrating for her all the things going on, like leaves crunching against the sidewalk, a dog barking in someone’s front yard, or the smell of a fall cookout. I gave myself the full 6 weeks recovery time after delivery, and now I’m antsy to be active again.
- Going to Aspen, Colorado with Steven’s family in October! This is the incredible resort where we're staying. It will be mildly warm during the day and chilly enough for fires at night! And unlike our last trip to Lake Tahoe, this time I won't be pregnant, so I can actually hike (with Luci Belle in the Moby wrap of course).
- Making delicious soups in the Vitamix. There is also an Avocado Bread recipe I can't wait to try!
- Going to the SMU campus, laying on a blanket in the thick squishy grass under a Pin Oak tree, having a picnic with the sun low in the sky.
- Drinking hot beverages or this amazing Stellar Organics Sulfite-free wine with friends, all gathered around the enormous farm table that Steven built for our dining room from salvaged barn wood.
- Saturdays at Urban Acres, where our community gathers to enjoy delicious food and where we can feature the harvest of local farms like our friends at Eden Creek.
- Using my Vanilla Chai lotion again - it just smells like fall.
- The possibility of getting these adorable TOMS.
- Watching past episodes of Jamie At Home, especially the ones where he cooks in his wood fire oven in the backyard! Can I have his rustic kitchen, please? Thanks.
What are you looking forward to this fall?